[linux-elitists] DMCA view requests
Marcia K Wilbur
2015-06-08 05:23:25 UTC
Hi everyone!

The video from 2000-2001 is converted (went to a 2600 meeting and got
immediate response/assistance on quality conversion). This video is
ready to edit for a short DMCA documentary.

SF Dmitry Rally
SF Bruce Perens, Stallman, Don Marti on the wall
Protests - San Fran
Lessig/Stallman session with the public - SF
First Amendment Day - Phoenix, AZ with EFF's Robin Gross (Now IP
Justice), Roger Cline and Peacemakers

What would really rock is some video from people in this community.
Commentary, views, even complaints about the DMCA or DMCA situation in
general or specifically on one point are greatly appreciated.

I'll take all submissions to review for inclusion!
If you have any interest, please let me know!

If video doesn't work for you, please send a quote or some textual
commentary, I could possibly include.

Still working on the direction on how to play this to the audience so
any feedback or suggestions are also appreciated!

Thanks!
ignore your rights... they'll go away
Don Marti
2015-06-08 05:45:09 UTC
Post by Marcia K Wilbur
What would really rock is some video from people in this community.
Commentary, views, even complaints about the DMCA or DMCA situation in
general or specifically on one point are greatly appreciated.
If nobody else is talking about...

* the result was a jury nullification of the (bizarre
to regular people) anticircumvention case

* It was the end of DMCA cases without actual
infringement charges

...you know, the whole "we won more than it looked"
angle, I'll do something.

https://freedom-to-tinker.com/blog/felten/more-elcomsofts-acquittal/

Did anyone get any video of the party at 21st
Amendment in San Francisco?
--
Don Marti
http://zgp.org/~dmarti/
***@zgp.org
Ruben Safir
2015-06-08 11:53:24 UTC
Which coast was that?

http://tech-insider.org/linux/research/2000/0502-a.html
Ruben Safir
2015-06-08 11:59:52 UTC
http://web.archive.org/web/20010615180012/http://www.nylug.org/articles/index.shtml?nycdvdcourt

My kids walked the picket line in front of the NY Public Library. They
were so young, and I am now so old...

Ruben
Ruben Safir
2015-06-08 12:16:13 UTC
there they are..

Marcia K Wilbur
2015-06-16 14:17:00 UTC
Thank you!

Well, I know what you mean. When I was converting the video, I was
like... was I ever this young?
The majority of the video was taken in San Fran - 2001. I have images
from a few other protests - Texas, Denver, etc.

Don - Remember when the megaphone stopped working. You were like, "no
worries".

This is raw. Looks like I'm having a similar issue with audio sync as
when I used ffmpeg and xawtv back in the early 2000s...
However, I think Blender will work for those edits now.
Post by Ruben Safir
there they are..
http://www.nylxs.com/images/dmitry_03.jpg
Don Marti
2015-06-17 14:39:03 UTC
Well, I know what you mean. When I was converting the video, I was like...
was I ever this young?
The majority of the video was taken in San Fran - 2001. I have images from a
few other protests - Texas, Denver, etc.
Don - Remember when the megaphone stopped working. You were like, "no
worries".
http://youtu.be/PwTOf6hySS8
I don't think I prepared to say anything -- was mainly
thinking about how to wrangle enough people out of the
LinuxWorld show and not what we were going to do when
we got there.

Oh, well, Dmitry is free, and...have there been any
other "naked" (no infringement alleged) circumvention
criminal cases since then?
--
Don Marti
http://zgp.org/~dmarti/
***@zgp.org
Ruben Safir
2015-06-21 02:03:22 UTC
Post by Don Marti
Oh, well, Dmitry is free, and...have there been any
other "naked" (no infringement alleged) circumvention
criminal cases since then?
With all do respect, Don, that is not even close to an adequate
question. We have move on from worrying about the DMCA to digitial
systems tht are so convulted that dozens of different firms are tracking
you both physically and your data ussage on every webpage that you view.

Trying to download a podcast of late requires 6 different tracking
services at mininum. Want healthcare in NYC? Well that is tracked with
all your personal information, NO CHOICE starting with ajax.google.

Where the hell are we, we are up shits creek without a paddle.

We'll accomplished nothing. The most fundemental aspects of digital
politics and individual rights is not understood by the public, and the
public is younger and younger every day.

Ruben
Post by Don Marti
--
Don Marti
http://zgp.org/~dmarti/

http://www.coinhangout.com - coins!
http://www.brooklyn-living.com

Ruben Safir
2015-06-21 03:19:23 UTC
Or look at it this way, you don't need to rip a DVD any longer because
your google APP won't play it anyway and you can't buy a DVD anymore
anyway.

That disk drive you have on your old style PC is gone the way of the 8
track player.

We are being locked down by technology in ways we never imagined.

Trust Google.... Google is your go damn friend and the new lignua franca
is Java Script. It is a sad thing and none of us should be patting
ourselves on the back for the great job we did. We sucked at the most
basic level, educating our children.

Ruben