[linux-elitists] Happy Data Privacy Day
Don Marti
2016-01-29 00:52:27 UTC
Happy Data Privacy Day!

In honor of Data Privacy Day, here's the world's
simplest Firefox add-on, which just turns on
Tracking Protection (ordinarily buried somewhere in
about:config) and sets third-party cookie policy to
a sane value.

https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/pq/

So far it has one review -- five stars. It doesn't
do much, or for very many people, but what it does
do it does with five-star quality.
--
Don Marti <***@zgp.org>
http://zgp.org/~dmarti/
Are you safe from 3rd-party web tracking? http://www.aloodo.org/test/
Ruben Safir
2016-01-29 14:47:32 UTC
Post by Don Marti
Happy Data Privacy Day!
In honor of Data Privacy Day, here's the world's
simplest Firefox add-on, which just turns on
Tracking Protection (ordinarily buried somewhere in
about:config) and sets third-party cookie policy to
a sane value.
I want to make a system that gives a house privacy but still allows for
email, security alarm systems, and remote survailence from the owner.
http://www.mrbrklyn.com

http://www.coinhangout.com - coins!
http://www.brooklyn-living.com

Don Marti
2016-02-22 16:18:33 UTC
This is some hard stuff...

Privacy From Web Tracking: A guide to how to
anonymize user actions on the web presented by
Dave Huseby

This month's speaker is Dave Huseby who will
talk about his work integrating privacy protecting
features from the Tor Browser into Mozilla's Firefox
as well as ways in which we can shape the web to
protect user's anonymity.

More information about this event
and future events can be found at:
https://wiki.mozilla.org/Privacy/Privacy_Lab

When: Monday, February 22, 2016 from 5:30 PM to 7:30 PM (PST)

Where: Electronic Frontier Foundation
815 Eddy Street San Francisco, CA 94109

Hope to see you there. Free ticket required:
https://www.eventbrite.com/e/february-privacy-lab-privacy-from-web-tracking-tickets-21355102687?aff=es2

(No, I don't think that we can make user tracking
impossible. What is doable with what we have now is
to increase the rate at which tracking protection
improves and push the expected rate of return on
creepy down. Moving risk-averse marketing and VC
money away from user-tracking projects is a win.)