[linux-elitists] Fw: What Happened to Rick Moen and
Shlomi Fish
2014-10-18 17:39:05 UTC
Hi Marcia,

messages sent to linux-elitists must only be sent to it exclusively.

Regards,

Shlomi Fish

Begin forwarded message:

Date: Sat, 18 Oct 2014 16:23:56 +0000
From: Marcia Wilbur <***@ch1x0r.net>
To: Shlomi Fish <***@shlomifish.org>
Cc: linux-***@zgp.org
Subject: Re: [linux-elitists] What Happened to Rick Moen and
http://linuxmafia.com/ ?

I had the same concerns!

Rick, we miss you!

Apparently, Rick was on vacation.

I am not sure what this "vacation" is. I have heard of these
"vacations" but am not entirely sure. I need to do a little more
research into this "vacation" thing as it sounds like a blast! ;)

Anyway, I think he returned a couple weeks ago. I made an inquiry last
month to a mutual acquaintance in September.

He did state Rick was aware of it (Linuxmafia down) and planned to
deal with it later.

However, all of that is just heresay.

Marcia
Hi all,
I'm wondering what happened to Rick Moen.
http://downforeveryoneorjustme.com/http://www.linuxmafia.com/~rick/
Host linuxmafia.com not found: 2(SERVFAIL)
I tried sending an email to Rick from the same mail as he used on
this list and
got a host not found bounce.
1. Is Rick OK?
2. If so, how can I reach him?
3. Are there any plans to restore linuxmafia.com ?
Have a good week everyone.
Regards,
Shlomi Fish
Marcia K Wilbur
2014-10-18 18:00:18 UTC
Hi Don,

My apologies as it's been about or even over a decade since I posted
here! Won't happen again, Don.

:)
Date: Sat, 18 Oct 2014 16:23:56 +0000
currently http://www.linuxmafia.com/ (which used to be his
Ruben Safir
2014-10-19 01:13:33 UTC
Rick is just being deliberate in putting his new systems up. We've
talked a lot about it. I think he is trying to put a system up with
some specific parameters. In addition, he is busy learning puppet, FWIW

Ruben
Date: Sat, 18 Oct 2014 16:23:56 +0000
http://www.mrbrklyn.com

http://www.coinhangout.com - coins!
http://www.brooklyn-living.com

Shlomi Fish
2014-10-19 12:16:45 UTC
Hello Marcia,

On Sat, 18 Oct 2014 18:00:18 +0000
Post by Marcia K Wilbur
Hi Don,
My apologies as it's been about or even over a decade since I posted
here! Won't happen again, Don.
my name is not "Don" - it's "Shlomi". Are you referring to Don Marti? He wasn't
part of the conversation, yet.

Regards,

Shlomi Fish
Marcia K Wilbur
2014-10-19 14:42:15 UTC
Hi Shlomi,

Thank you for bringing that to my attention. I have developed a few
bad habits with some lists over the past few years.
Bob Bernstein
2014-10-19 22:59:31 UTC
Post by Marcia K Wilbur
Thank you for bringing that to my attention.
Really? "Thank you?" Oh well.

BUT now we have to start puzzling over where DON is!

OMG.
--
Bob Bernstein

"No matter how big the problem is, you can always run away from it."

Dom Irrera
Marcia K Wilbur
2014-10-19 23:20:10 UTC
I apologize.

Thanks - I realize "Thank you" may have been a little too formal...

Now that you mention it... Where is Don?
:)
Bob Bernstein
2014-10-20 00:04:57 UTC
Post by Marcia K Wilbur
I apologize.
Y'know, apologies are overrated, and the reptiles out there see them
as signs of weakness.
Post by Marcia K Wilbur
Thanks - I realize "Thank you" may have been a little too
formal...
Why thank someone for calling you out on a trivial piece of email
minutiae? You must have plenty of real stuff to worry about even on
a good day, like most everyone else I know!

I probably should apologize for getting so personal with you, but
then where would I be?

OMG!